Congrats – you finally pulled the trigger and booked your ticket out to Utah to ski The Greatest Snow on Earth®. If the conditions were anything close to what the Wasatch provided last season, it undoubtedly could be a trip of a lifetime. Choosing Utah for your ski vacation was the easy decision, now you have to figure out which of the world-class resorts you want to ski. While I’m a firm believer that you can’t go wrong with any of the resorts in the Wasatch, wouldn’t it be nice to have it all? I’d be lying if I said you didn’t deserve it! Lucky for you, Ski Utah makes it possible to ski 6 different resorts including untracked backcountry routes in a single day with it’s popular Interconnect Tour.
The Ski Utah Interconnect Adventure Tour gives an advanced to expert skier the opportunity to experience the magnificent beauty and incredible backcountry terrain of the Wasatch Mountain Range. These tours operate seven days a week, weather and conditions permitting. Ski Utah guests will ski resort terrain and the backcountry terrain between and through as many as six resorts in one day. All Interconnect Adventure Tour guides are trained in snow safety and backcountry etiquette with 2 Interconnect Guides accompanying every tour.
Ski Utah offers two different routes for the tour that start at either Deer Valley or Snowbird. These routes differ in difficulty and the number of resorts you hit.
Deer Valley Departures:
- The tour that departs from Deer Valley is available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. During this route you will experience Deer Valley, Park City Mountain Resort, Solitude, Brighton, Alta, Snowbird & the backcountry terrain between these resorts. This tour covers an average of 25 miles, requires good physical condition and the ability to ski variable ski conditions. While this tour requires some uphill travel, it is the easier of the two options.
- If you want more of a challenge, then the tour departing from Snowbird is for you! This is the more advanced tour, requiring more hiking, more sidestepping & a stronger skier than the Deer Valley departing tour. These tours are available on Thursday and Saturday. During this route you will experience Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, Solitude & the backcountry terrain in between these resorts.
- All participants must be advanced to expert skiers in good physical condition. The day requires walking, hiking, traversing, and of course skiing, but all this is done in diverse snow conditions.
- All participants must be at least 15 years old while guests ages 15-18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All participants must be skiers. Due to the nature of the Interconnect Adventure Tour, snowboarding is not permitted.
PRICES AND PACKAGES:
Scheduled Interconnect Tour spaces are $430 per person and include two Ski Utah guides, lunch at one of the on-mountain resort restaurants, lift access, transportation back to the point of origin and the finisher’s pin (gratuity not included).
Private Tours include custom route & terrain opportunities, custom starting & ending resort, two Ski Utah guides, lunch at one of the on-mountain resort restaurants, 1-way transportation (either to the departure location from hotel/lodge/house within the Salt Lake – Park City area or back to a Salt Lake – Park City hotel/lodge/house from the finishing resort), and a finisher’s pin (gratuity not included).
- Small Private Tour: accommodates up to 6 clients, cost is $3,000
- Large Private Tour: accommodates up to 12 clients, cost is $4,500